Case Study: Mobile-enablement of eGovernment citizen services
The Government of a major developing country was looking to leverage Mobile as a channel to reach its initiatives to the citizens of the country, as a part of their overall digitization strategy. They also intended to improve governance and the flow of information as part of this initiative.
Given there was no restriction on which mobility platform the citizens adopted, the mobile apps had to cater to all the platforms available in the market.
- The mobility services reach is expected to cover more than 70% of the Country
- Additional business models evolved to upsell and reach other information to citizens
- The popularity of the Government sky-rocketed with these new citizen apps
- Multi-channel and on-the-move service availability for citizens
- A highly interactive user interface to promote customer engagement.
- Substantial savings by reduced load on existing web related services.